Four Square Protocol — The Answer is in the Room
Instructions (About 20 Minutes):
- Split up into four groups.
- A question or thought is written on each poster sheet/chart paper.
- Each group is given a coloured marker and will line up behind their starting sheet.
- The first round is 2 minutes and the following rounds may be reduced to 1.5 minutes.
- When the timer starts the whole group works in silence (play music).
- An individual writes an answer, idea, or thought on the paper and passes the marker to the next person in line (you may put a “check” by an idea that you agree with (consider giving everyone 2 stickers to limit the check marks and generate more ideas).
- After 2 minutes, keep your marker, all groups rotate to a different sheet.
- Repeat until complete.
- Post sheets for review later.
- Debrief the process of the protocol.
- Four poster sheets/chart paper.
- Each sheet has a question to be answered.