Set up (5 minutes):
● Hang up poster.
● Get sticky notes ready.
● Have music queued up.
Gallery Walk (15-20 minutes):
● Play music.
● Provide specific feedback using “I likes” and “I wonders.”
● Provide one of each per poster.
● Spend a couple of minutes per poster.
Reflection (5 minutes):
● Poster owner removes poster (consider taking a photo prior to removing).
● Reflect on the feedback.
● Have a start and stop time.
● Look at fewer posters to provide more meaningful feedback.
● Feedback should be “kind, specific, and helpful.”
● Group posters by topic.
● Have the poster owner highlight areas for desired feedback.
● “Gallery Run” for younger grades to check for comprehension, understanding, or more factual content.
● Use groups for younger grades with an older scribe.
● Use “I likes”, “I wonders,” and “Next Steps.”
● Write on the sticky side of the note so the audience is not influenced by others’ feedback and so feedback remains private.
● Be mindful of “Audience Fatigue.”
● Allow “outside” people (other classes, teachers, administration, custodial, etc) to be a part of the audience.